Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 3G

Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 3G

Price:
Manufacturer: power support
Buy from amazon.com

Static cling film protection form scratches, dust, and dirt. Resists smudges and fingerprints, all while offering full protection for your LCD screen. - Provides traction for improved responsiveness - Advanced static cling for stay put adhesion - Films can be easily cleaned and reapplied after use - Resists smudges and fingerprints - Keeps LCD screen free of scratches, dirt, and dust Overview Power Support's revolutionary anti-glare film is what every iPhone 3G needs to be equipped with. With state of the art static cling adhesion, the precision cut films are easy to apply, and offer optimal protection for your LCD screen.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #599 in Consumer Electronics
  • Brand: power support
  • Model: PIA-06
  • Get Free Shipping When You Order Two or More or One other item from Power Support
  • Keeps LCD Screen free of scratches, dirt, and dust
  • Advanced static cling for stay put adhesion
  • Won't leave sticky residue when removed
  • Can be cleaned and reapplied

Product Reviews

More than just a screen protector
I love the Power Support Anti-Glare film for the iPhone 3G. Just make sure you get the right version. The iPhone film will not fit correctly on the iPhone 3G. Lucky for me an Apple Store sales person told me this before I bought the wrong one.

I put this on the iPhone myself. It is not very hard. You just want to clean it well and make sure there is no dust on it. It is better to work in an area that is not dusty either. I used a white gym sock to clean it and also remove the bubbles from under the film.

I've been using this for a week now and really like it. It makes the screen look like it has a matte finish to it but that does not bother me. The positives more than out weigh this small detail. I like that I'm not having to wipe finger prints off of it now. I also like that I don't see my reflection in the screen while using it. It also helps reduce the reflections of lights in a room. You can see the screen better from an angle too.

I'm also able to use my finger on the screen better now. It's hard to explain but before the film, sometimes it felt like I had something on my finger that would make it stick to the screen. It just wasn't easy to slide icons around or move the text pointer with ease without wiping my finger on my pants. Now it has a smooth textured finish. My finger now slides across the screen better without any lost of sensitivity to the screen sensors.

One last thing is the fit. This goes just to about the edge of the glass screen. It seems to be on real good. I keep my iPhone 3G in a belt clipped case that has a snug fit. The screen protector doesn't catch on the edge of the case at all. I was afraid it would get peeled off but it has not. I've got the same type of film on an my 80GB iPod and have not had problems for the couple years I've had the film on it. I'm assuming the film on this iPhone 3G will last the same. I don't even notice it there.

Hope this helps your buying decision. I picked this brand because the Apple store was carrying it. I feel I made the right choice.

8-)

Difficult to apply, but a great investment...
This product retails for only $14.95, even at the Apple Store and contains two different sheets for protecting your screen in case you mess up applying the first one really badly.

The first sheet I had was applied by an employee at the Apple Store and it came out perfectly. I had to have that iPhone swapped for another one due to battery issues so I tried applying the remaining sheet to the screen myself and screwed it up, with air bubbles that won't go away at the edges and cat hair from my apartment trapped under the screen in a few locations.

Without the protection, the glass screen is smudge city. Also, I have an iPod Touch which I used without a screen protector and it did end up getting some tiny scratches on it over the course of about two months, so the iPhone screen isn't unbreakable, though it does hold up very, very well.

I also find the screen has a more tactile feel after applying this screen protector.

Great investment, just make sure you apply it correctly. Or get a friend to do it if you're inept like me.

Works well, but overpriced
First of all, this is sold for exactly the same price at the Apple stores. Unless you live far from one, you can save shipping and just pick these up there.

Second, charging $15 for two pieces of plastic film is a bit much. Having said that, they do work very well. Not only do they function as anti-glare films (they are matte) but they also make your finger slide across the screen much more easily, at least for me. The problem is that they don't last forever: they do build up dirt and will get scratched and messed up on the edges over time. This is a problem because at $7.50 a pop, it adds up over time. You're possibly better off buying the much cheaper alternatives which cost pennies. The idea of a "premium" plastic film is a bit odd, isnt' it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Find SCREEN COVER Reviews and Ratings Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template